Powered By Blogger

About Me

Retired chief investment officer and former NYSE firm partner with 50 plus years experience in field as analyst / economist, portfolio manager / trader, and CIO who has superb track record with multi $billion equities and fixed income portfolios. Advanced degrees, CFA. Having done much professional writing as a young guy, I now have a cryptic style. 40 years down on and around The Street confirms: CAVEAT EMPTOR IN SPADES !!!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stock Market -- Short Term Technical

As prior discussed, I had a good long side trade in June. I got out at SPX 1340 on the way up
because the trajectory was too steep. Now I think the market is right about where it should be
if the rally is to regenerate properly and carry out of the trading range. So, I am looking for an
additional long side opportunity. However, my trading style being what it is, suggests if the
market does not move smartly ahead over this week, it is not likely to over the next few either.
Make or break time for the June rally. $SPX.

No comments: