Powered By Blogger

About Me

Retired chief investment officer and former NYSE firm partner with 50 plus years experience in field as analyst / economist, portfolio manager / trader, and CIO who has superb track record with multi $billion equities and fixed income portfolios. Advanced degrees, CFA. Having done much professional writing as a young guy, I now have a cryptic style. 40 years down on and around The Street confirms: CAVEAT EMPTOR IN SPADES !!!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

NEW FORMAT FOR BLOG

When I set up the blog nearly ten years ago, my intention was to communicate with older
professional pals rather than spend my time on e-mail programs. about 20 guys were
involved and they all were in possession of monographs I had written over the 1980 -90
period on the major components of funds management. As a very successful money
manager, I operated on the "KISS Rule" -- Keep it simple stupid.  They had all the
short cut statistical and analytical tools I used so I did not have to re-invent the wheel
each time out with explanations .

I am going to be 75 this autumn and easily half the guys who the blog was intended for
have retired fully. Moreover the other guys have more far ranging interests. So, it
will be easy to communicate with them on a personal basis. That leaves a broad number
of followers and visitors numbering up to a 1,000 a week who read the posts.

My plan going forward is to write far fewer posts and to focus more on diagnosing the
markets rather than defending particular points of view. I am far more comfortable
doing this because I believe that people should make up their own minds and that they
prefer doing so anyway. The emphasis will be on market drivers and risk for return
both near and longer time. The writing style will remain cryptic and direct.

No comments: