Powered By Blogger

About Me

Retired chief investment officer and former NYSE firm partner with 50 plus years experience in field as analyst / economist, portfolio manager / trader, and CIO who has superb track record with multi $billion equities and fixed income portfolios. Advanced degrees, CFA. Having done much professional writing as a young guy, I now have a cryptic style. 40 years down on and around The Street confirms: CAVEAT EMPTOR IN SPADES !!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fuels Conservation

Over the last several weeks, I have been thinking about
easy ways to conserve on fuel use without making any
substantial $ investment. And, as I thought about it,
I realized there were indeed a number of ways to cut down
on both gasoline and heating expenditure without greatly
crimping lifestyle. I have been doing so with the car
as have the wife and kids with theirs.

I bring it up because I suspect that many in the US, Canada
and Europe are thinking similarly. What is interesting,
I believe, is that fuels demand may still be quite a bit more
elastic than many of the fuel demand models and projections
I see. I do not think it is that difficult to knock 2% off
my demand or that of most others. Globally, that would restore
about 1.6 mil. bls a day to supply, a sizable increment.

I suspect it may be worthwhile to begin to incorporate
allowances for conservation into one's thinking about oil
and gas, because I doubt the price channels for both that
have been in place for the past year or two reflect it.

1 comment:

NewsBlogger said...

Wales@Westminster newslog
It's Wales@Westminster weblog, BBC Wales' Parliamentary correspondent David Cornock's diary on political life.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a herpes pictures site/blog. It pretty much covers herpes pictures related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)